Monday, August 30, 2010

Engagement Photo Session: Interview with the Bride


I recently interviewed cute bride Teagan
about her engagement session with Dave from Jaffa Photography.

How did you pick your photographer?
My sister and brother had Dave do their weddings and I loved how their pictures turned out!

How did you pick the location for your photo shoot?

I wanted to go somewhere that was unique and so I asked Dave what places he has liked in the past. He gave me a list of some places and I decided from there!

You guys look adorable! How did you decide what to wear?
Ohhh thank you!! We picked Rick's shirt first and then I went and picked a couple of shirts that would match it! We should have done it the other way around, boys shirts are a lot easier to find than girls!


Which do you prefer? Candid shots or posed?

Honestly I like both, but I did like it when Dave (the photographer) posed us and took a couple of shots and then told us to look at each other and of course when Dave says “Rick kiss her” that’s my favorite!



Did you come up with any of your own poses or did you let the photographer do all of that?

Rick & I had some ideas and Dave was more then happy to do them for us!

Were you nervous at all during the shoot?

No way! Dave makes it so comfortable and so fun!


What did you like about your photographer?
He was very personable. He gets to know everyone in the family and anyone helping out with the wedding not just the bride and groom. He is very fun and up beat all the time! Even if we have seen each other 2 days out of 3 he still is just happy to be there joking around and having fun!


What were your hopes? Did the photos meet your expectations?

I wanted good pictures just like everyone does, but I got AMAZING pictures!! Yes they did!


Which photo is your favorite and why?
I have so many favorites, it’s hard to just think of one. There is one where we are holding hands and looking at each other, it just amazes me that he can capture the love and sparkle in our eyes. All the pictures by the sunset are my favorite as well!


Do you and your groom agree on your favorite photos? If not, what is his favorite and why?
We agree on most of them, but his favorite is the one where we are sitting on the ground and were pullin our serious faces. He says it shows off our eyes and characteristics!


If you had to do it all over again is there anything you would do differently?
Not a chance! I loved every minute of it and can't wait for the wedding now!

Many thanks to Teagan for sharing her amazing photos with us!

If you'd like to book your wedding with Dave at Jaffa Photography you can find his contact information here.
by Christy, Jaffa Printing